Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Medical Mystery

I wrote last week that I was starting to write two stories at once.  I am really excited about it. As mentioned, I am concentrating on writing the second book of my fantasy series while I am querying the first manuscript. I am just starting to get some feedback and I am excited.

I am also excited to start writing another genre.  I have a background in medical - I am a physician assistant and work at a prison. It is an exciting thing to do.  But this also gives me a chance to write something closer to what I know and love.  I am hoping to find something that can be done long term. I mean, the story with be finished with this book, but I want my character to have several stories. It would be something similar to Myron Bolitar from Harlan Coben. I think he does a fantastic job at that series.

My story is more of an amateur sleuth with a Medical student. He will have some help though from an outside source but the "detective" work for his patient will be mostly him. So far, my running title is IMMACULATE CONCEPTION. It is exciting and I have just finished chapter 2.

The real question so far will be which one will get my attention. I try not writing on both books in the same day. I guess I'll switch back and forth depending on the day.  It is exciting!

2 comments: