Monday, August 8, 2011

A Second Chance

I recently found a blog article about a Summer Writing Contest. I love contests because it gives us the opportunity to get some feedback and criticism of our writing.

Take a moment to read about the contest here:  http://blackbirdinmywindow.blogspot.com/2011/08/summer-writing-contest.html

I am especially excited to get a second chance at a literary agent that said no to my query letter.  Lauren Ruth from BookEnds will be judging the contest. I've read through my first query letter and felt that I didn't do as well as I wanted. I've been rejected a few times and I am excited to try again with a new query letter.

In the meantime - I get a chance, a second chance, to make a first impression. So, if you are looking for a chance to get involved in a contest in the next few days, certainly take a look at 's blog for directions on how to enter the contest and good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Did you see my entry? It's titled Earth Song :) I keep an eye out for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - didn't see that you are or I got picked for the 25. I read yours it seems like a great start.

    ReplyDelete